Love What You Do...
Suzie, Clarks Summit Salon Manager
Celebrating 30 years with Malcolm's Haircutters
1. You have been a stylist for a very long time. What do you like best about your work? I love our clients. Making them look good makes me feel good about what I do.
2. What do you think helped you prepare for this career? I started working when I was 15yrs old. Before becoming a stylist I worked in customer service - waiting on clients, helping them is something I’ve done, and naturally that experience helped me get where I am today at Malcolm’s Haircutters.
3. What do you think has kept you at Malcolm’s Haircutters? The people I work with are terrific. The company is amazing. I like the structure of the business. We are like a family and we focus on a common goal. Satisfied clients come back because they see we care about them and each other.
4. What traits do you feel are necessary to be a successful stylist? You need to be good at what you do; never stop learning something new. Your skills speak for how good you are at being a stylist. Have an open mind to change yourself and never forget to laugh and have fun. A great personality goes a long way in our business.
5. Tell us about a memorable moment you’ve had in the salon. Recently I had the pleasure of doing one of my clients’ hair for her wedding. She has grown up in front of my eyes. I remembered doing her hair for her first holy communion and now she’s getting married. Reminded me how lucky I am to be a part of many people’s lives.
6. What advice do you give new stylists that join your salon? Be patient, be positive and focus on your skills.
7. Do you have a personal motto to guide what you do? Find the good in everything that comes my way. I’m a positive thinker.
8. Do you have a goal you wish to accomplish? I’ve got many personal goals I strive to achieve for myself. I can see myself at Malcolm’s Haircutters for another 15 years. My goal is to be a 45-year employee.